Highly knowledgeable pensions professionals make up the Governance Strategy Team.
The team ensures the Trustee, which is selected from the operating parties, including employer and union representation with an independent Chair, is supported on a daily basis.
The responsibility of Trustees and Trustee Boards has increased year on year, particularly in light of the recent Pensions Bill, with the position of a Trustee becoming increasingly demanding.
Crystal has Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution experts within the Trustee Board that bring many years’ experience which will benefit them in areas such as:
- Making balanced judgments
- Building effective relationships with providers
- Use influence and knowledge where appropriate
- Problem solving
and is supported by a range of consultants independent to the operation, including:
- Investment consultant – Dean Wetton Associates
- Lawyers – Pinsent Masons and Eversheds
- Auditors – haysmacintyre and Burgess Hodgson
The Trustee is guided by the expertise of the Governance structure which ensures meetings are held at regular intervals (usually 4 times a year) with a variety of sub committees including:
- Client Assessment
In addition, the Secretariat ensures that the governance structure is run and monitored effectively providing the following services to the Trustee:
- Arranging meetings
- Minute taking
- Arranging Trustee training
- Maintaining Trustee training logs
- Ongoing monitoring of Scheme documents
- Reviewing Trustee indemnity renewal terms, and completion of application forms
- Ongoing upkeep of the Risk Register and internal controls