Jade Income · Growth · Flexibility
Crystal Jade is designed to allow individuals to choose a monthly income, similar to that of a non-escalating joint life annuity.
After a 10 year period, the aim of Jade is to increase the total income pay-out by 20% above that of a traditional non-increasing joint life annuity.
Funds will be invested in a mix of assets including approximately 40% company shares and 60% bonds (as detailed on the asset allocation pie chart) which offers the potential for growth to protect your income against inflation. The mix of assets also spreads the risk across a number of funds and aims to manage the remaining Funds in a sustainable manner.
At any age up to 75, individuals can exit Crystal Jade and switch to another option within Crystal or buy an annuity on the open market. There are no ties to Crystal Jade and you can change your mind at any time.
Crystal Jade income will be recalculated in April each year, with payments changing from July if applicable, taking into account the previous year’s investment performance and will provide a monthly pay-out via the payroll on the last working day of each month following retirement.
Benefits of Crystal Jade
- Pre-retirement communication, planning and guidance
- No rushed decision
- Option for a monthly income with the original investment controlled or maintained
- Continued ‘ownership’ of the Fund post retirement
- No long term ties
- Monthly payslips via email (only if the net payment changes by £1 on the previous month)
- All tax deductions made to HMRC
- Member Access Portal (MAP) for members to view the remaining Fund and payment history
- Ability to pass on benefits on death to a Directed Beneficiary in the form of an extended drawdown or a lump sum payment to the Estate (subject to tax)
It must be remembered, Crystal Jade uses an investment linked product managed by AB Global and therefore, investments may go down as well as up. This could be as a result of the market going down or because investments do not perform as well as expected.
The Trustee monitor investment performance regularly and is supported by independent investment consultants and Crystal Operations. For further information about investment risk please click here.
Latest fund factsheets
- Jade 1950 Retirement Fund
- Jade 1951 Retirement Fund
- Jade 1952 Retirement Fund
- Jade 1953 Retirement Fund
- Jade 1954 Retirement Fund
- Jade 1955 Retirement Fund
- Jade 1956 Retirement Fund
- Jade 1957 Retirement Fund
- Jade 1958 Retirement Fund
- Jade 1959 Retirement Fund
- Jade 1960 Retirement Fund
- Jade 1961 Retirement Fund